CORONOVIRUS UPDATE TO MEMBERS:
Akron Bicycle Club COVID-19 Group Ride Guidelines
As COVID-19 restrictions begin to be lifted across the country, ABC is looking forward to getting back to riding. ABC group rides will begin effective June 8, 2020; however, rider health and safety is still our primary objective. The following mitigation guidelines are aligned with USA Cycling recommendations and must be followed for ABC Group Rides, based on the current situation:
- All riders should check their temperature before arriving at a group ride. If you are not well, or don’t feel well, or have been exposed to COVID-19, do not show up!
- “Sign In” for group rides will be managed by the ride leader. All riders must report in to ride leader prior to ride and provide required information for the sign in sheet. Only the ride leader will handle the sign in sheet
- GPS is the preferred option for ride navigation. If GPS is not available, there will be a map link on the ABC Ride Calendar for riders to print out the ride map/cue sheet at home, prior to the ride. No cue sheets will be handed out at the ride.
- All riders should carry a mask and hand sanitizer with them in case a need arises to use during the ride, as both are easily transported
- Social distancing rules of 6 feet minimum should be followed for both pre and post-ride
- Riders should ride side-by-side or keep a minimum distance of 10 - 20 feet between riders. If any rider needs to sneeze, blow their nose, cough, etc. they should drop back so no one is in your slipstream
- All Group rides will start out in groups of 8 riders. If more than 8 riders show up, break into additional groups of 8 riders maximum. A ride leader is required in each group
- Starting in groups of 8 will allow for flexibility during a ride in case riders fall back or ride ahead. We must hold to a MAXIMUM of 10 Riders in any group at any time
- Multiple groups should maintain a 5-minute gap between group starts
- No food stops prior to, during or after group rides. All riders should carry water and nutrition needed for each ride so sharing is not needed
- Each rider should carry any needed tools, equipment and clothing so sharing is not needed
As with all ABC rides,
- Always arrive at least 10 minutes before start time to allow for adequate check in time
- All cyclists must wear bike helmets, obey all traffic laws, and no use of ear buds or cell phones while riding
- Use of rear-view mirror, headlight, tail light and reflectors is recommended
Akron Bicycle Club Leadership Team
Absolutely Beautiful Country Ride Update
Save The Date - 7/12/20
With the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in Ohio, ABC is going to make every attempt to pull together a ride "of some type" for Sunday, 7/12. This will NOT be the typical ABC ride format due to the corona virus situation, but we hope to provide a format where everyone can get out on the road for an Absolutely Beautiful Country ride!!!
What We Know:
- There will not be a Registration Fee, but donations will be accepted
- There will not be the typical food, sag and rest-stops in order to minimize contact
- We hope to have TWO routes: 62 Miles and ~30 Miles
- We hope to utilize Copely High School as a starting/finishing point
- MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW. PLEASE WATCH OUR WEBSITE FOR UPDATES
A Special Call Out and Thank You To Our ABC Sponsor:
Thanks for sticking with us in these uncertain times and for your support of the Absolutely Beautiful Country Ride!
2020 Roscoe Ramble Canceled
Due to the ongoing Covid19 crisis and uncertainty surrounding the safety of our riders and volunteers, ABC is canceling the Roscoe Ramble ride scheduled for September 19-20, 2020. Please visit us next year for this annual event. Registrations already received will be contacted shortly by ABC for full refunds. Stay Healthy!
E-Bike Giveaway Postponed
The Akron Bicycle Club and Pedego of Peninsula regret to announce that the Pedego E-Bike Giveaway scheduled for July 12, 2020, will be postponed due to the current coronavirus situation.
In an effort to maximize the charitable donations raised by the event, our plan is to reschedule the E-Bike giveaway for 2021. Thanks for your interest and stay tuned!
Club ABC Jerseys are available to purchase. Check them out here. 2020 Jerseys
Think Spring Ride, April 18 is canceled!
ABC Ride July 12th, Registration is currently closed
* Details on ride calendar