We Are Akron Bicycle Club
Akron Bicycle Club is a member based bicycling club celebrating 50 years of safe and fun cycling in and around Summit County, Ohio. We enjoy bicycling in the urban area around Akron as well as the farming country in northern Ohio and the only urban national park in the country, the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
ABC invites you to join us on our weekly club rides and member-organized pick up rides most evenings and many days during the ride season. You can find details of the rides on the ABC Ride Calendar
Please be aware that ABC is a member of the League of American Bicyclists and promotes safe riding on all club sponsored activities. Therefor an approved helmet is required for ALL riders while riding.
The ABC Ride offers a variety of routes from 15 to a 100 mile century through small villages and country roads in a 3 county area. This one day is held on a Sunday in July.
Roscoe Ramble is a two day ride through Ohio's popular Amish country featuring local foods and an overnight stay in Roscoe Village, an historic village on the Ohio and Erie Canal system near Coshocton.
Guests are encouraged to join us to try us out. Simply check out the details and contact the ride leader for that ride for more information. Of course membership is encouraged.
Why Join ABC?
ABC offers many benefits to its membership including:
- Safe riding in groups that can challenge you to improve your conditioning depending on your comfort level.
- Social benefits who share your love for the outdoors and bicycling.
- Discounts on registration in ABC sponsored activities.
- Access club directory of maps and cue sheets
- Forums for discussing your bicycling interests
- Directory Listing makes it easy to network with other members
- Liability coverage for all ABC sponsored events
- A voice in developing education and advocacy for safe bicycling in your area.
- Discounts at participating area businesses
Come Join US!
- Individual Membership - Just $15 (must be 18 or older)
- Family Membership- $18 (includes one primary member, secondary members include children)
- Sponsors - Check with Directors